I’m turning 29 later this month. That means I only have a little over 1 year left of being in my carefree 20′s. There are a bunch of things that I want to do while I’m still young and spry. Similarly there are a bunch of things that I think are good things to know how to do in general, and definitely would like to learn them before I hit my 4th decade.
I’ve decided to be like a million other people and make a list of 30 things that I’d like to do, try, learn, or re-try before I hit the big 3. oh. I think it’s totally doable and my list an extended version of a bunch of things that I’d like to do. And I reserve the right to change things out and add to as I see fit. Here we go: (in no particular order)
Purchase & use a hammock in my yard. Fix my lower back tattoo (finally, after 10 years of saying that I should!)
- Get the new tattoo that I’ve been mulling over for over a year. (It’s been a year & I still want it, so I think its time!)
Take part in a beach bonfire. Go to NASCAR!
- Learn how to cook Coq Au Vin.
Learn how to braise a huge delicious monster hunk of beef. Practice alcohol abstinence for a month. Shoot arrows at random shit. Drink out of a fishbowl. Run a mile. (This body wasn’t built for running, so this should be interesting.) Run 5K. (This should be doubly interesting.)
- Learn how to can something savory. Like pickles. Or tomato sauce.
- Go winter surfing in New England.
- Go vegetarian for 2 weeks (organic & locally sourced when possible & maybe for a month if I get my act together.)
- Watch a sunrise.
Watch the sun set. Visit a new continent.
- Go on a road trip without a destination in mind.
- Travel solo internationally.
- Learn how to disassemble, clean & reassemble a gun.
- Play paintball.
- Paint a mural.
- Work as an artist’s model.
Model in a Fashion show.
- Go fishing.
- Learn how to gut and clean a fish.
- Go snowboarding. (Not on the bunny slope & without the day ending in a temper tantrum, haha)
- Rent a car on my own.
- Go skinny dipping!
- Read 15 new books.
- Go on a bike-riding day trip.
- Run away & join the circus…. (This is open for interpretation obviously…)
- Go sky diving.
Obviously some of these are contradicting. Like trying to follow a vegetarian diet. And then cooking meat, going fishing & butchering fish… But I’m kinda a walking contradiction in general.
Anything I’m totally missing? Anything that’s a really bad idea? How about you? What do you have on your Adventuresome To-do List?